Gordon Parkman of Achieve Results gave a presentation on Business Goal Setting this week.
During the presentation, Gordon gave the members ideas on how to set goals for 2015.
Here is a brief list of things you need to do to set business goals.
- Figure out where you want your business to be three years from now and where you want to be at the end of the year.
- Set a budget, and stick to it.
- Set some realistic goals. Write them down.
- Set some goals that are specific to family life and business.
- Set up a system to measure your success for the year, so you know close you are to your goals.
- Keep your goals in the front of your mind. If it is a financial goal, keep track of your revenue and set weekly or monthly plan in effect to stay on track.
- Keep a log of success and failures throughout the year. What is working and what is not.
- Celebrate the success throughout the year.
- When issues arise that are uncontrollable, readjust your goals to still be obtainable.